From Home, click the green Add a transaction button or from Transaction click the green "+ Sale" button.
What is a sale? A sale is when you receive money in exchange for a product or service you deliver to a customer. Recording your sales on your Oze 2.0 just got easier.
Here's a guide on how to record your first sale:
- From your dashboard, click on the '+ Sale' button (It's green in colour)
- You will see a pop-up screen to choose an entry type, select 'Add manually'
- The 'Add a sale' screen will come up with a walk-through to guide you. Use the 'Next' button to read through them.
- Enter the item name and click on the 'Add as a new item' pop-up to save this item for later use. This is best if you sell this item frequently.
- The 'Create a new item' screen will pop up. Use this to add this item to a category (i.e if the item listed was ' Chocolate' it can be added to a 'Sweets Category'. Once you fill the category field, click on the 'Add as new category'.
- Enter the unit selling price of this item. Then click on the 'Create Item' button.
- Enter the quantity that was sold.
- Click on the 'Payment details' button to proceed to add payments details or the 'Save' button to record the sale.
NB: To add more items, use the '+ Add another item' to repeat the process before moving to payment details.
Enter the payment details
- Enter the amount the customer paid. This is important especially if you received just part of the total payment due and not all. If there was a part payment, the balance owed will be automatically calculated and displayed on the 'Total Value' tab.
- Select the payment method. (i.e Cash, Bank Transfer, Debit Card, Mobile Money)
- Set a reminder for the balance due, by clicking on the 'calendar icon'
- If you want to be prompted when the balance is due, drag the toggle to the right and enter your preferred date using the 'calendar icon'
- If you want to add a discount, drag the toggle to the right and enter the discount percentage.
- Click on the 'Add Customer' button to proceed to add the customer details or the 'Save' button to record the sale.
Enter the customer details
You can add the customer's information using 2 methods:
- Add a contact from your phonebook
- Click on the 'Select customer from contacts' to add a customer from your phonebook.
- Select a contact and it will be automatically added for you.
- Add a contact manually
- Enter the customer's name and phone number
Click on the save button to record the transaction.
Way to go, you just recorded your first sale!